Infrared Rays from 8 Semi-Precious Stones Providing you with a nice warm feeling!
Naturally Enhanced by Mother Nature
Gemstones have been used for their therapeutic effects for thousands of years. The use of gemstones is not a New Age healing method; far from it. Documents have been found in Asia and the Middle East describing their medicinal uses. With its use steeped in tradition, only in recent times has science recognized the power that these stones can harness. Crystals have been associated with the generation, transmission and storage of energy. Our watches, computers, lasers and televisions all use them.
We have carefully selected the most effective semi-precious stones to enhance the power of the BioBelt. The far infrared energy generated from these stones will gently penetrate your body providing warmth and comfort.
Include the following crystals: Amethyst, Tourmaline, Green Jade, Crystal, Citrine, Topaz, Tiger's Eye, and Elvan.
The gemstones Tourmaline and Amethyst are known to emit negative ions. Negative ions are invisible, odorless molecules that we come into contact with in certain environments including evaporating water, ocean surf, and around waterfalls.
The BioBelt produces far infrared rays, which are invisible waves of heat that have the ability to permeate deep into the body. Thease rays gently raise the surface temperature of the body, which is believed to enhance body functions on multiple levels. There have been numerous studies indentifying the benefits of far infrared. A study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology has found far infrared sauna therapy improves cardiac function an dclinical symptoms in those with Chronic Heart Failure. The authors concluded that repeated treatment improved vascular endothelial function.(2)
Note: these studies apply to infrared energy, and were not performed using the Biobelt.
Far Infrared and Back Pain
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was conducted at Rothbart Pain Management Clinic in Ontario to test the effectiveness of pain relief obtained by applying infrared energy to the lower backs of patients with chronic, intractable low back pain. The study demonstrated a 50% reduction in chronic back pain over six weeks. (3)
When the Biobelt is turned on, you will feel the gentle heat of the far infrared rays. This heat helps to relieve your body of its aches and pains.
Heat provides lower back pain relief by:
Dilating the blood vessels of the muscles. This process increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, helping to heal the damaged tissue.
Stimulating the sensory receptors in the skin, thereby decreasing the transmissions signals of pain to the brain and partially relieving the discomfort.
Softening the muscles and tissues, thereby decreasing the stiffness and increasing the comfort.
Indications for Use
Temporary relief of:
- Minor muscle pain
- Minor joint pain and stiffness
- Joint pain associated with arthritis
- Muscle spasms / Minor sprains / Minor strains
- Minor muscular back pain
- Relaxation of muscles
- Temporary increase of local circulation
(1) Fredrikus G. J. Oosterveld, Johannes J. Rasker, Mark Floors, Robert Landkroon, Bob van Rennes, Jan Zwijnenberg, Mart A. F. J. van de Laar, Gerard J. Koel. Infrared sauna in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Clinical Rheumatology. 2009 January 01. vol. 28 issue 1, pages 29-34 doi10.1007/s10067-008-0977-y.
(2) Kihara, T., et al., 2002, Repeated sauna treatment improves vascular endothelial and cardiac function in patients with chronic heart failure, J Am Coll of Cardiology, 39(March 6):754-759.
(3) George D Gale, MBBS FRCA FRCPC DAAPM, Peter J Rothbart, MD FRCPC, and Ye Li, Infrared therapy for chronic low back pain: A randomized, controlled trial, Pain Res Manag. 2006 Autumn; 11(3): 193°©196.